late night with sugar.


I love late nights, comforting silence and some Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic!  I also love weekends, and especially long weekends that give me that little extra time to indulge and play and allow myself to just create freely.  

This past weekend I became inspired to play with some of the beautiful Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic collection, sewing machine and my Silhouette.  A fabulous trio.  It was the perfect combination in creating this layout celebrating the beginning of September, my love, and the month that we were married 4 years ago.


I knew I had some favourite Instagram photos that I wanted to document of us so I printed them out on my home printer and just decided to have fun with the rest!  I also wanted to experiment with my circle cutter so I decided to add a few circle details to the layout, personalized with some stitching. So fun.



I decided to finish off the layout with some of the BEAUTIFUL Heidi Swapp Sentiment Strip stickers ( I SERIOUSLY cannot get enough of these), stamping and some of Heidi Swapp's epoxy stickers.  I rarely am drawn to creating layouts ( as I am a die-hard mini album girl), but it is always fun to go back to where it all began and see a memory come together this way.  The Sugar Chic collection definitely helps to achieve a gorgeous layout with very universal and versatile embellishments.  So fun to use and they look absolutely adorable!

As I finished creating this layout, I am finding it is so hard to believe that September has finally arrived.  Even though it is my favourite time of the year, I still can feel a bit sentimental and almost nostalgic as to how fast it seems that we are now that much closer to winter and the end of 2012.  At the same time, this also means there is no perfect time than now to begin to reflect, look back and document on the amazing memories and moments this year has brought me so far.

I am so thankful for photographs and incredible designers such as Heidi Swapp who work so hard to create products to help me document my memories in helping me to make pretty stuff. So grateful and loving every minute!

p.s. I LOVE Sugar Chic!  Have you tried it out yet? Seriously the BEST sugar rush....without the actual sugar! Do not think it could get any better than that! ;)

2 comments

  1. Lindsay this is just divine I adore how you have mixed all those patterns and that stitching just adds that little extra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a PRETTY layout!
    (i too love "sugar chic")
    xoxo...
    ~p
    p.s. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top