mash up/blog hop...heidi style!


Welcome to our first Heidi Swapp Mash-Up Blog Hop!

The definition of a Mash-Up (according to the Urban Dictionary) is, "v. To take elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music and combine them to make a new song. n. A song comprised of elements of two or more..."

A Heidi Swapp Mash-Up is taking elements from two or more collections and to combine them to make something fabulous! We have asked each media team member to name two Heidi Swapp products and compile a Mash-Up List. Then, each team member took the full list and used that (and more!) to create their first Mash-Up project!

Here is the Mash-Up List:

At least 1 Day Glow Photo Corner
Sentiment Stickers
Color Magic Paper
Note Card (either Vintage Chic or Color Magic Notes)
Buzz Words
Color Magic Chipboard Alphas
At least 2 Pattern Papers from Different Heidi Swapp Collections
Neon Glow Tape
Staple
Handwriting - either your own or Heidi's digital words

First off, I am SO excited to be participating in my FIRST ever Mash Up/Blog Hop! How FUN is this?  I am loving the inspiration and it is so great to really work out of your comfort zone to create projects.  Sometimes rules are fun ;)

The inspiration for this layout comes from the words I chose to use for my title. Be True.  I wanted to create a layout representing the importance I feel on living authentically and how important I feel it is to live true to who you are and to always have dreams and work towards them.  In keeping with this theme, I also was really drawn to using stars and butterflies as symbols of being free, living true, dreaming big and achieving goals.


I love Heidi's No Limits Champion paper. It was the perfect addition to this layout.  The base of my layout is a 12 x 12 piece of Color Magic cardstock that I customized with Tropicana Teal and Gold Lame Colorshine.  I love these 2 colors together.  The gold lame was the perfect compliment to a color as bold as Tropicana Teal.

I then used the Just Dots paper from Vintage Chic as my matting for the No Limits Champion paper and added some Day Glow Neon Tapes as trim and stitching.  I mounted my instagram photo, embellished with a hot pink Day Glow Photo Corner and then added my sentiment stickers and title.  The title was created by combining Colormagic Chipboard Alphas and the "true" buzz word.


On top of my background I added some stars and a butterfly that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo. I also used my Silhouette to cut the Heidi Swapp handwritten word "discover" out.  

I adhered this piece of my layout using basic staples and left the one side open so I could add some hidden additional journaling, using my own handwriting.  This is one of my favourite things to do as I love to journal.





This mash up was SO much fun to participate in. I highly recommend doing something like this as it really pushes you creatively and is very motivating to use collections and products together that you may not normally be drawn to!

Now, we want to give you a chance to play along!!! Take our Mash-Up list and let it help you create your next project! You can upload your project to Heidi Swapp's Facebook Fan Page with a link to your project online or Instagram it by adding @heidiswapp and the hash tag #HSMashUp ! Those that play along will be entered to win this Vintage Chic Collection! One random winner will be picked by Monday, December 3, 2012.


To begin this super-sized mash up of pretty stuff start by visiting Heidi Swapp's blog! Then to
to see more Mash-Up inspiration from the media team, click over to see  Jennifer, Kim, Maggie, and Jamie's blogs!

Have fun and I cannot WAIT to see all of the gorgeous creations!

6 comments

  1. Love the layout you created using so many different elements!! It really came together, LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay!!! I love your layout!!!!! It's so awesome how different all of our projects are...even though we were using the same elements...!!! You are such a wonderful, beautiful girl...thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your take on the Mash-up! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiration-- I am in love with that butterfly-- will HAVE to Copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay more beautiful journaling from you, beautiful photo, beautiful layout...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top