JOURNAL STUDIO I WRITING FOR YOUR HEALTH

i have always believed in the power of writing and its potential for healing.
there is something about physically writing things down that seems to change the game.
it makes the thought concrete.  which makes it hold power.  which makes it impactful.


this whole concept of 'writing for health' inspired me this month to take on a challenge.
for 30 days i was to begin my day writing down one positive thought, passage, quote or affirmation.
it was a way to centre and focus myself.  an intention on which i could build my thought process and my day around.

i wanted to see how this practice would affect my health, mentally and physically.


so i grabbed one of my heidi swapp journal studio journals and inserts and on july 1st i began to write.


i have always loved collecting quotes and affirmations on my instagram account and my pinterest boards.  so it was not like i had to create more 'work' for myself and search and think about what i wanted to write each day.  i simply chose one that i already had collected and whichever one spoke to me that is what i would write in my journal.


i began my month with this reminder:

"your life can dramatically improve in a year.  
you just gotta love yourself enough to know that you deserve more.  
be brave enough to demand more and be disciplined enough to actually work for more"



then each day as you can see i added my journaling for the day.
nothing fancy or complicated.
i really just wanted to focus on the WRITING.  and release the pressure or need for perfection and pretty and that whole "insta-worthy" ideal.  sometimes (more often than not) that whole notion can really cause me to feel stuck and uninspired.  i need to let that go!
just write and process and feel and create for me and my needs.



i love how these journals are all such amazing blank canvases waiting to be filled with all the things.




what i learned through this process is that making the time to purposely write things down in a journal has a tremendous healing effect on the mind.  i found myself feeling centered, my anxiety lessen and my motivation increase.  i found that i was becoming more intentional with how i chose to behave in the day and this practice helped me start the morning off in a more positive mindset.  which to be honest is huge because i am truly not a morning person at all.


again, i believe writing has a huge influence on ourselves and the way we guide ourselves.  for some reason the physical act of writing has a powerful role to play and i am excited about this new habit and ritual i have created for myself.  i definitely challenge you to give it a try.



No comments

Back to Top