COLOR FRESH & MINC I MIXED MEDIA SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT

today i am sharing my latest layout with you all.
i created this fun 12x12 page using a few 'mixed media' type techniques involving my minc machine.
i love using my minc machine, especially when it comes to experimenting with projects!

for this page i wondered to myself what would happen if i took a cut file (this is a paige evans butterfly silhouette cut file i cut out of scrapbook paper using my silhouette machine), some minc reactive mist which i applied on top of the cut file with a generic make up applicator sponge.


to do this technique open your reactive mist and pour a small amount onto a craft plate.


take your sponge and apply a small amount to the sponge.  not too wet, just enough to apply a nice even layer onto your paper.


dab the sponge on top of the cut file.

the idea is you are wanting the reactive mist to provide a stencilled image once the paper cut file is removed.

 it is important that you do this technique quickly and efficiently otherwise i found my paper cut file wanted to "stick" to my background page as the mist dried.

you do not want to use a lot of mist when applying your sponge onto the cut file...less is more i find and when using less it takes a lot less drying time.

so be sure to be quick so it does not stick!


once my page was fully dried (very important!) i ran it through my minc machine on heat setting 3 using this gorgeous new silver holographic foil.


once i removed the foil and transfer folder you can see the gorgeous design that was created!  a subtle holographic design of the butterflies.  i really love how it turned out!  its subtle yet eye catching.




now to finish my page!


i added all elements of the heidi swapp color fresh paper collection to create my page and added on my type text journaling using my we r memory keepers typecast.


i used this super adorable 12 x 12 good vibes transparency paper as an over lay on top of my page.  it really looks awesome over top the minc'ed butterflies!




i am super happy with how this page turned out and i love the overall vibe.
the minc is such a great tool to use when wanting to add subtle and/or bold techniques to scrapbooking pages.  it certainly was a super easy technique and i will definitely be trying it out on other pages of mine in the future.  it sure will be fun to see how this concept looks when using other colors of foil.


be sure to check out all things heidi swapp minc and color fresh right now!
they truly make the perfect creative collab xo.

No comments

Back to Top