holiday cards & art screens

Hi everyone!
Today I want to share some very simple, doable and BEAUTIFUL Heidi Swapp holiday art that you can use to add the perfect touch to your holiday Christmas cards, gift cards and tags this year!

Say hello to Art Screen Ink:



And these amazing Art Screens....swoon right?


If you have never used art screens, or art screen ink before....I know, super intimidating.  I felt the same way when I first was introduced.  It looked so hard, and SO complicated!  But guess what?  It is truly one of the easiest mixed media techniques out there...that give amazing results.  I swear, every time I use these art screens I am in awe of their detail.  They are similar to a stencil....but so different in the quality and detail of image you can obtain.  Stencils are often limited to openings, and images that have a variety of cut outs and detail.  But because these images are actually held together with a "screen"...it allows the special ink to transfer through providing gorgeous detailed imagery that looks like it was never transferred on in the first place.

Here...I have created a quick video demonstration to get you started and show you just how easy these art screens are to apply to projects.



So simple, right?

Here is how I used some of the above Heidi Swapp Holiday Art Screens to jazz up my own holiday cards this year.



On this card, I added the 'merry christmas' art screen to the front.  Isn't the detail amazing?  I cannot get over the intricacy of these designs and how beautiful they are on projects. So professional!  I then added on some simple die cut stars with my sewing machine for a little extra.


I customized this gift card holder using the 'season's greetings' art screen.  Again, simple yet so beautiful.  And professional.  I cannot wait to tuck a gift card in this cute envelope to give away.



Here I used the deer silhouette art screen to add a little extra to this tag card.  I love how it transferred beautifully onto the tag.  It even applied wonderfully onto the glitter portion of the tag as well. So fun!


On this tag I added the 'happy holidays' art screen.  Again.  So simple, yet awesome.  A great way to create your own cards, tags and gift card holders.  Seriously impressive.



Another great thing about the art screens is that they are re-usable.  Once you are finished using an art screen, simply rinse out the screen gently with water and lay flat to dry.  You can also clean your screens with baby wipes on a flat surface as well.  Once clean, simply re-apply the backing and store until next time.  They are a great investment because you can use them over and over, year after year!


I hope you are all inspired to head to your local Joann location and try out these amazing art screens for yourself.  I know you will love them just as much as I do!


Happy holiday creating! :)



No comments

Back to Top