STORYLINE CHAPTERS HACK I ORGANIZATION

anyone out there love a good hack?

I know I do.  my life can use any and every type of help it can get and even though today's post may not be revolutionary for some of you who are on top of the A game of organization, this system is truly revolutionary for me.

truth be told.  I am SO not an organized person.

I mean, I am organized for ME....but someone else may think, "just what in the world is going on here" hahaha.

in any case, todays little hack of mine may just speak to someone out there.  and if it works for me, it may just work for your too.



my current story telling and scrapbooking is using the Heidi Swapp storyline system.  but with so many pieces to making my storytelling work, I needed a method to keeping my essentials close at hand and organized so that when I am able to work on a page or entry everything I need is within arms reach.  

I hate when I waste precious time trying to look and locate my essential supplies or certain things, so this way I have everything I need as my 'basics' to get the job done.


to help gain a method to my little madness, I created a Storyline Chapters bin.  

my must haves within reach at all times and in a cute compact white bin (that I purchased from Ikea a few years ago).  

it is not a lot of stuff, completely minimized down (which actually helps me to be more productive) but all that I need to get the work started.  this way when I have my basics down, and I have extra time later, that is when I may add in or incorporate the extra stuff.  

but for now nailing things down to using just what is in this bin is essential, not only to my organization, but for my creative process as well.

interested in creating your own bin?  I will share everything that is in mine to help inspire you to get started assembling your own.

first up, tags and washi.


find yourself a cute little dish that you can fill with tags and washi.  for me I consider these basic essential supplies.  however whatever is essential and basic for you will work.  it may be stickers, ephemera, stencils.  no rules here, just whatever aids you to be more organized, functional and productive!

next, stamping inks.
I always include one ink in basic black, and another ink in a color. less is more here.


I always must have a stapler, ruler and date stamp on hand.  


favourite stamps will always be a part of my bin.  I use stamps all the time and I love to rotate out different ones as time and seasons pass on.

always be sure to include a basic tool kit.  things like scissors, pencils, pens and adhesive.  I am continuously reaching for these tools when working in my storyline chapters books.



and of course last but certainly not least my current storyline chapters notebooks must be tucked into my bin.  I need them ready to go at a moments notice and I love how they are big enough, yet small enough to be carried and stored anywhere.


I also have a storyline chapters paper pad always handy. these pads are great for adding in extra color and elements such as patterned paper, solid paper or a coordinating sticker or two.  I love that these pads come with it all.



and there you have it.

my little helping hand when it comes to documenting efficiently, and on the go.  

this has really helped my creative process and I hope maybe this is something you can be able to incorporate in your creative process.  no matter what, make a system work for you.  I find that is the key with all things. customize it to suit your needs.  i love to take inspiration from many different places and then make it work for me.



No comments

Back to Top