MAKING OUR OWN MAGIC I STORYLINE CHAPTERS 2021

I have so many plans for you!
today I want to share the first direction I am taking, and that is a family 2021 storyline chapters book. 
a place to record highlights of each month, and little stories of us.  


I want to be able to have a place where I can place some of my favourite photos, stories and memories of the year and have a consistent place and routine so that I get the stories down.  I think setting ourselves up for success is a huge first step in making sure we are actually successful when setting out goals for ourselves.  this creative goal is huge for me and I am committed to filling this beautiful book up as we navigate through 2021.


but first, I had to customize it just a bit.  this technique is one heidi swapp has used a lot but I had never personally tried till now.  she loves to cut out interactive "windows" in the covers of these notebooks and I think it is such an adorable idea.  so for my notebook I created a circle template and traced it on the cover.  then cut out the circle using a craft knife.

once that was complete I used some of her digital art from this kit, and printed this phrase onto a piece of vellum from the Minc surfaces paper pad.  by running it through my laser printer, I will be able to add foil onto the text to give it a beautiful shine.


the matt champagne foil gave me the exact look I was going for.  I love how beautiful it looks.


once complete, I adhered it onto the back of the front cover so that the verse shows through my cut out circular window.





inside my album you will find my first entry.  a family selfie of 2021.  I just love this photo and I think it is the perfect start to my book.  I also used some of the amazing new stamps of Heidi's that you can find here.  they are amazing, just saying ;) .


layering favourite pieces of storyline chapters embellishments is always a favourite.  I may add in more journaling onto this page, or leave it.  I just have not yet decided.  I may even add an envelope pocket for some hidden journaling behind.  we will see!



I really hope you are able to take on your own creative memory keeping project for 2021.  I love having something to not only commit too, but look forward to keeping up and documenting as the days pass on.  creating brings me such joy...and we all need more joy in our lives.  I will be back next month sharing our February pages, so definitely stay tuned!


No comments

Back to Top