TIME TO SHINE WITH THE MINC I HALLOWEEN LAYOUT DIY EMBELLIES

i always love to incorporate my heidi swapp minc into a variety of projects, but never is it more fun or fitting then when it comes to holiday and festive type projects.  the minc just adds such a beautiful touch to any project and aside from christmas...i think halloween has to be my second favourite for sure.  but wait...valentines is ALSO in there hands down. i think i just love them all haha.

 

for this particular project i thought it would be fun to use my minc to create some diy foiled embellishments for a layout.

my first step was to die cut some bats.  this can be done in a variety of ways... if you have a hand held die cutting machine, punch or electronic cutting machine.  i used my electronic cutting machine this time around and used the toner paper from this minc surface paper pad to cut out my bats.  the reason i did it this way is so that i can transform them with foil.  remember toner reacts with the heat reactive foil which will allow me to add that signature minc shine.

 

once i had them cut out i removed them and placed them in my transfer folder and laid my color foil on top.  

 

 

i chose some beautiful and festive orange, holographic silver and black for this color scheme. perfect for the halloween theme.


 

the transformation honestly never gets old. i just love how easy it is to create something that looks so hard to do! or that it took alot of time. literally this took me 2 minutes. and it is fab!

 


 

the bats and title are so fun paired with this grungy art walk paper and the stamping.  simple, yet festive.  just my kind of project!

 


 

halloween can always use some extra glam...no matter what! 


 

i hope you are inspired to whip out your minc and incorporate it into some of your halloween documenting or decor this year.  it is the perfect tool for layouts, cards, decor...whatever your heart desires.  it is always time to shine when it comes to the minc and it looks so good each and every time!

No comments

Back to Top