today i want to bring it back to basics and share how easy (and awesome) the MINC pen is to use in adding foiled touches to your projects.
yes, now that there is a MINC pen...you are able to add foil to your projects using your own handwriting, or using other means such as stencils! this year at CHA there were 3 new stencil designs released with the all new MINC mixed media collection and you will love them! they are so much fun and perfect to use with the MINC pen.
so in order to give you the best back to basics tutorial on just how easy and fun it is to use the MINC pen, i thought creating a video would be the best way to show you exactly how this tool works.
in this video i demonstrate and break down the "basics" of the MINC pen and how easy it is to use on your projects.
again, here are my "must have" basic tips to keep in mind when using the MINC pen to achieve the best success:
1. before use, make sure to "prime" your pen in order to achieve the best even flow of toner ink. this is achieved by pressing the tip against a flat surface repeatedly until you see the toner ink flowing and being absorbed into the pen tip. you know you will have achieved optimal status when the pen tip transforms from white to black.
2. when applying the MINC pen to your project, make sure to use a slow and steady pace. this will ensure an even and complete application of toner ink.
3. avoid pressing hard when using the MINC pen.
4. always have scratch paper handy. that way you can "test out" your MINC pen to make sure your toner ink is ready and flowing before applying it to your project.
5. have fun and practice! the more you use your MINC pen, the better it will be! it really is an awesome tool.
as you can see below, i had so much fun creating a fun tag for my memory planner below using the minc pen, one of the new stencils, the hello gorgeous paper pad and some gold foil.
once you have the MINC pen in hand....really the options are endless!
i hope you are inspired and grab yourself your own MINC pen (if you do not have one already). they are awesome and i know you will fall in love instantly!