2020 VISION I COPTIC NOTEBOOK

as we are nearing the end of 2019 (oh so so quickly) and entering into not just any year but 2020! a brand new decade.  wow.  i am certainly feeling all the feelings.  i am not sure if it is just me...but i tend to get a little melancholic around this time.  the feelings do not stick around for long, but just enough to make themselves aware and for me to get even more reflective than usual.


i have been so inspired by so many beautiful and talented artists out there on social media and i love seeing what they are choosing to use to document this new year.  i love all the planners and journals...and the ideas! they are all so incredible.

i have been particularly moved by a woman by the name of @mindful_hookup on instagram.  she has the most incredible journals she calls "magic mornings".  and in these journals she does a ton of reflective work and they have really moved and inspired me.  i really want to follow along in her practice so i decided to create my own journal...that being a coptic notebook of course.


i chose to use the beautiful heidi swapp hawthorne paper collection to construct my notebook.  i love this collection so much and it is even still available!  you can get your hands on this stunning collection right here.


i used the hawthorne foam stickers to label my journal '2020 VISION'.  


i love these foam stickers because the double sided adhesive allows me to use minc foils on them.  i chose this silver holographic.  it is a bit hard to photograph but it really is oh so beautiful.  the perfect shine for my album title.


best part about these alphas is that they do not even require a minc machine to be foiled.  simply remove the top adhesive, lay your desired foil down and rub with your finger or tool.


remove and voila!  gorgeous foiled stickers.  so easy and they always look amazing.



inside my coptic notebook each signature is created out of a different hawthorne pattern paper, white cardstock  and vellum.



i even created my 2020 vision board journal spread in my notebook.  it is created in the first few pages of the journal and i love that it is always in the front so that i can always look at it day after day.  a solid reminder of my focus and purpose with this journal.





having a beautiful new journal to begin a new year with definitely helps to offset the melancholic feelings i can have just before the new year starts.  i love the idea of a clean slate, fresh start, and beautiful possibility!

cheers to 2020, the beginning of a brand new decade. 

No comments

Back to Top